Tuesday 10 May 2011

Re: you guys in Saipan?

Hi Dan, 

Please let us know if they don't write back to you soon because the New America Foundation's HQ is right down the street from us and we can talk to them about getting a code if they have one. Keep up the good work!

Colin Richardson
Program Manager
One Economy Corporation
202-393-4870 phone
202-617-9450 cell  
202-393-7260 fax



On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Dan Ho <danhonyc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gents -

I've sent an email to measurement lab that reads as follows:

Hello - I'm working with one-Economy on Guam on the broadband mapping project.  Do you have code for a simple link that I could distribute for folks to take the speed test?  I don't want to guide them to the measurementlab website.  I just want to be able to embed the test on various sites. 

Thank you.

Dan Ho


Their site is too confusing to distribute to the Guam audience.  So I'm hoping they have some sort of easy code they can come up with so I can embed a button.

Fingers crossed.

Dan


On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Daniel Calarco <dcalarco@one-economy.com> wrote:
Hey Dan, 
Greetings from Saipan.  We've been having some issues with the speed test of late so can you go to www.measurementlab.net to check if it works for you before you start distributing it on a large scale?  If it works, then proceed as planned, but if not, let us know and we'll talk to our friends at new america about getting it fixed.

I'll be expecting the invoice and will submit it Monday when we're back in the office as it requires a physical signature and I don't have access to a scanner in Saipan.

Pastries here don't seem to be as good.  We found some sticky buns and some churros but nothing like Buchi Buchi.  I'll keep you posted if anything good turns up!

Best,
Daniel

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Dan Ho <danhonyc@gmail.com> wrote:
HI GENTS!

How are your travels?  Just wanted to update you on the Post Easter Coma here...

I've made (FINALLY) connections with the Mayor's council and they have promised to include me in their next meeting of mayors to introduce the survey to them and also the Good4Guam (speed Test) site.

I've also, ALSO FINALLY, gotten to key mentors at the Guam DOEducation, and will be doing the same.

So for the next few days I will be developing the speed test site so tha we can work out the kinks.  When we're good, I will spend time massaging key talk radio people to see if we can't "launch" it.  At the same time I will be working with agencies to have their people participate too - generally blanket as much as I can with first round networking.

Ok...back to work.

Lemme know how your trip in Saipan goes and if I can be of any assistance.

Dan

Daniel - I'm sending you an invoice for April under separate cover.

Thanks! 

PS>  You have to have pastries in Saipan at a Japanese Bakery, preferably...They're a wierd hybrid of bakeries but are delicious nonetheless. 

Dan



--
Daniel Calarco
Director of International Programs
One Economy Corp.
P: +1.202.393.1175
F: +1.202.393.7260
www.one-economy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.